Do you have transport planning experience and are looking for a new project work?
We are looking to recruit for a Career Grade Planner to join a local authority, providing specialist professional service. You will be given a portfolio of projects to deliver, transforming the public realm as well as improving transport facilities.
- The post holder will be responsible for spatial planning, development planning and transport planning.
- Reporting on past spend and answering other information requests.
- Working collaboratively to redesign streets and major junctions.
- You will be responsible for addressing growth impacts and assisting with allocation of developer contributions towards specific projects.
- Candidates will have a broad understanding of transport planning policies and issues, or an engineer-related background.
- You will have previous project management experience, and experience using framework systems.
- Experience in the delivery of complex transport projects.
- Ability to draft funding bids and lobby for investment; an ability to provide expert advice to members, management and less experienced colleagues
- Previous experience working positively with stakeholders, the local community and elected members to deliver projects.