The London Borough of Islington urgently require new care workers to help them during the Coronavirus outbreak. Workers may be expected to work at different services, going where the need is strongest.
Please apply if are only IMMEDIATELY available and ready to make the difference.
Islington will provide proof of their keyworker status for use when their commutes are questioned during this time.
Worker Care Assistant
The Islington London Borough Council requires a dedicated and conscientious care assistant to join our team on a temporary full-time basis during this. We’re seeking a caring and compassionate individual who enjoys interacting with seniors and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our seniors with high quality care and support.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating and toileting.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming and changing bed linens.
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
- Accompany clients to medical appointments.
- Observe, monitor and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities.