Care Worker - Learning Disabilities Services
Islington urgently require new care workers to help them during the Coronavirus outbreak. These workers may be expected to work at different services, going where the need is strongest.
Please apply if are only IMMEDIATELY available. To start moving this moving, please submit audit pack within 24 hours of submission. Any submissions without audit pack after 24 hours will be rejected.
Islington will provide proof of their keyworker status for use when their commutes are questioned during this time but anything you can also provide your worker will be helpful
Worker Care Assistant
The Islington London Borough Council requires a dedicated and conscientious care assistant to join our friendly team on a temporary full-time basis. We’re seeking a caring and compassionate individual who enjoys interacting with seniors and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our seniors with high quality care and support.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating and toileting.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming and changing bed linens.
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
- Accompany clients to medical appointments.
- Observe, monitor and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities.
Care Assistant skills
- High school diploma preferred, but not necessary.
- Certification or training in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) desirable, but not essential.
- Training in safe patient handling and movement desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.