Reed Social Care are looking for manager for a Care Home in Epsom, Surrey. The is a 13-bedded care home with beautiful surroundings within walking distance from Epsom Station.
Salary: £26,000 – 30,000 depending on experience
Experience of managing a care home for the elderly is essential
1. To ensure that each resident is assessed for need and has a formally developed Car Plan, ensuring the involvement/participation of the resident and his/her family or relatives, or an advocate as required. To ensure that appropriate individual care if given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans.
2. In consultation with GPs and Senior Care Staff, as appropriate, to develop individual Care Plans for new residents and to ensure their formal review on a regular and pre-planned basis.
3. To ensure that all duties undertaken by reporting staff are performed to required standards, and that all such staff contribute in a positive manner to provide a happy, efficient, and homely atmosphere within the Home.
4. To ensure the provision of adequate staff cover for all shifts in line with statutory requirements. To assist in the preparation of duty rotas as needed.
5. To assist the Proprietor in the selection and recruitment of staff.
6. To participate in staff training to documented Training Plans to ensure that Job Description requirements can be adequately fulfilled.
7. To assist in the assessment of staff performance at specified intervals. To assist in the application of disciplinary rules, and in the implementation of disciplinary procedures.
8. To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storage, issue, administration, and disposal of all medicines in line with appropriate legislation and internal documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records.
9. To supervise all aspects of catering in the Home to ensure that required standards of Food Hygiene are achieved.
10. To assist in the planning of menus, in particular ensuring any special dietary requirements for residents are met.
11. To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
12. To participate in the development of social activities for residents.
13. To ensure that the Home is cleaned, heated, and maintained to standards required by the Registration Authority and the Environmental Health Office, as appropriate.
14. To conduct staff meetings and to ensure that the minutes of such meetings are communicated to all staff.
15. To generate all notifications in relation to accidents suffered by residents, staff, or visitors in line with the requirements of the R.I.D.D.O.R. Regulations (1995/2013).
16. To keep abreast of all new legislation and regulations relating to Health & Safety, C.O.S.H.H., Fire Prevention and Heath & Social Care Quality commission and KLOE, and to 'ensure effective communication of the same to staff. To amend policies and procedures or to produce new documents, as needed.
17. To ensure the smooth operation of the Home's Quality System, and that appropriate Quality standards are maintained.
18. To assist the Proprietor in resolving and handling complaints received from residents, relatives, and staff, as appropriate.
19. To undertake other duties, as necessary.
If you are interested in this role and have at the relevant experience, please email me a copy of your updated CV.