Reed Social Care are looking for permanent Care Coordinators to work in a residential home in the Halstead area with a salary of £21,630 per annum. This is a full time position, 42 hours per week 8am till 8pm shifts.
You will be working alongside the Registered Manger in the home, delivering support to individuals who have learning disabilities and with the day to day running of the service ensuring a safe, cost effective, quality service is delivered. You will be representing the organisation in a positive way through the interaction with external partners, including service users, carers, families and communities and will be contributing to the organisational objectives.
You will line manage and supervise a team of support workers, ensuring that the teamwork in a proactive and positive way at all times. The role will need to reflect the provision of 24/7 care as necessary and will include working over a shift pattern, this will also include a rotational on call responsibility.
• To ensure that the rights of the individuals we support are always upheld and promoted in accordance with the Company values
• To ensure that all issues relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults are reported according to policies and procedures.
• To ensure that if there are significant changes to an individual’s needs these are raised with the Social Worker/Registered Manager
• To ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with policy and procedure.
• To take the lead and support less experienced staff to work with more complex individuals whom we support and to manage crisis situations in services.
• To bring to the attention of the Manager any concerns or deficits in the provision of care.
• To line manage and support staff in terms of performance management and ensure that all personal development requirements are met
• Provide direct support to the individuals as and when required
• To organise staff resources effectively to deliver an excellent service to clients.
• To review care plans regularly and participating in Social Services reviews as appropriate.
• To be involved in carrying out pre-commencement assessments.
• To produce statistical or other reports as requested by the Manager
• Set up and develop appropriate care plans
• Assist in ensuring that each individual has their needs met through effective assessment and care planning.
• To deliver care and support in line with details of IPC / placement contract
• To ensure staff attend all training offered in line with compliance targets.
• Supporting adults with complex needs at senior level.
• Managing staff
• Working in multi-agency environment.
• Rota planning and covering shifts
• Working in a learning disability field.
• Managing conflict
• Adult Protection / Safeguarding
• Challenging Behaviour
• Care Quality Commission Latest Standards
• Health and Safety
• NVQ Level 3/Diploma level 3 in either Care or Health and Social Care
If you are interested, please apply now!