Reed Social Care are looking for permanent full time care assistants to work at a care home in Epsom, Surrey.
Salary- depends on qualifications and experience
Uniform is provided, as well as 4 weeks annual leave, pension scheme, on-going training and opportunity to progress.
It is a 13 bedded care home and you will be reporting directly to the residential care home manager.
You will be providing care for the service users under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, senior care assistants; and will undertake other activities assisting the running of the care home as required.
You must have a genuine interest in working within a caring environment and have the ability to communicate
Previous experience of working in a care setting
Good handwriting is required as you will be writing reports
Hours are full time
Day shifts are 8 hours
Night shifts are 12 hours
Weekends are 8 hours
• Personal care including washing, bathing, dressing is required
• To provide care for the service users under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, senior care assistants; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the Home as required
• To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the nurse in charge
• To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately
• To report to the Senior Care in Charge any changes in individual service user’s condition and any other
• Relevant matter, noting especially and changes in skin condition
• To recognise your own caring limitations and to seek guidance from the Home Manager or trained Senior Care staff as appropriate
• To respect the rights of service users including privacy and dignity
• To assist in the serving and clearing of meals, snacks and drinks
• To assist service users to eat and drink, monitoring intake and reporting any concerns to the Senior Carer in Charge
• Complete all food and fluid charts and any other daily monitoring records as requested
If you have experience as a care assistant and wish to apply, please email me your updated CV.