|Location: WILLESDEN, LONDON||Salary: 19000.00 - 19000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3072201|
Care and Support Worker
Full time 37.5 Hrs
Shifts -7am– 3pm or 2pm –10pm. 7 day rota working over 5 days including weekends
£9.75 per hour
About the job:
To provide personalised care and support services to older people. To work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, dignity, privacy and well-being, in collaboration with the senior care and support workers/team leaders.
• Provide assistance with the personal care and support needs of customers as identified in their care and support plan.
• Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
• Provide support and practical assistance to customers with benefits, budgeting, paying bills and accessing appropriate services.
• Provide social and emotional support to customers in line with policies & procedures and best practice.
• Promote self-advocacy and act as the customers` advocate where appropriate.
• Be aware of customers` wellbeing, safety and state of health, reporting any concerns.
• Provide care and support that is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexuality of the customer to improve their quality of life and independence.
• Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
• Prompt and assist with the ordering, safe storage and administration of medication as detailed in care & support plans, recording as appropriate.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days! Along with all this we are about to launch our Metro Academy which will ensure that your career is developed for years to come!
• Experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people (voluntary experience also qualifies).
• Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to care and support of vulnerable people.
• Ability to work using own initiative and as a member of a team.
• Ability to work flexibly to meet customer and service requirements across a geographical area.
• Availability to work on a rota basis including unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays.
• Carry out sleep-ins where appropriate.
• Ability to undertake moving and handling tasks (including pushing of wheelchairs).
• Level 2/Diploma in Health & Social Care related subject area or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake Diploma training.
• Guajarati language
• Ability to write care notes in English
Any successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
8.45 - 8.45 GBP Per Hour
HARINGEY, LONDONRead more
7.50 - 8.50 GBP Per Hour
STONEHOUSE, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
14625 - 14625 GBP Per Annum
SHIREBROOK, NOTTINGHAMSHIRERead more
14625 - 14625 GBP Per Annum
EDGWARE, MIDDLESEXRead more
16200 - 16800 GBP Per Annum
TEDDINGTON, MIDDLESEXRead more