Title: CAD Draughtsman/Project Planner/
Reports to: General Manager.
Company profile: Subsidiary company of an International group offering Design, Manufacture and Installation of RF (Radio Frequency) enclosures and Magnetic shielding to medical MRI Scanner rooms.
Purpose of role: To produce RF Enclosure, Magnetic shielding and Interior finishing drawings for customer review and manufacture. Project management, planning and office administration support.
Target sectors: Medical Construction Specialist Contractors, NHS Hospitals and Private Hospitals.
Territory: UK and Ireland
Location: St.Albans, Hertfordshire.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Produce site specific room and equipment layout drawings.
• Liaise with Building Contractor, Architect and other M & E sub-contractors throughout design stage.
• Produce component detailing and material listing.
• Communicate with manufacturing office in Switzerland through the project stages.
• Produce project specific Health and Safety Method statements and Risk Assessments.
• Support technicians during installations.
• Carry out dimensional site survey visits.
• Coordinate material delivery and installation start-ups with freight forwarder, customer and UK Project Manager.
• Make necessary hotel accommodation and travel arrangements.
• Organize tools and Test equipment transportation to the installation site.
• Timely placement of hire equipment orders, monitor, and off-hire equipment.
• Maintain stock materials and records.
• Support Sales in the preparation of customer quotations.
• Assist in project management and site visits
• Produce O & M manual and as-built drawings following completion of site installations.
• Provide technical data and know-how from Company to Subsidiary and vice-versa.
• Suggest design improvements that will contribute to installation productivity and profitability.
Specific Job Skills:
• Proficient in AUTOCAD 2D drafting.
• Project Management ability and experience.
• Experience in the Construction, Woodworking, Metalworking or Engineering sectors.
• Able to effectively communicate via written media.
• Adept Computer skills in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and e-mail.
• Literacy and Numeracy: English and Math’s GCSE's at grade C and above.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Self-driven and task focused.
• Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
• A natural forward planner.
• Mature, tolerant and determined.
• Well-presented and Professional.
• Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel to sites within the UK and Ireland.
• Keen for new experience and responsibility.
• Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
• Must have clean or near clean driving license.