|Location: WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRE||Salary: 25000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3122991|
You will be responsible for identifying, implementing and controlling sourcing strategies, together with using tactical buying methods to support commercial costing processes, and to obtain the best quality, cost, lead-time and delivery optimisations. Therefore, ensuring customers are satisfied, and the reputation of the organisation is enhanced.
• 20 Days holiday (rising to 25 after six months’ service) plus bank holidays
• Company pension scheme (applicable after probationary period)
• Life insurance scheme
• Dedicated staff rest area, with TV and kitchen, for breaks and lunch
• On-site parking
• Responsible for a group of chosen suppliers with focus on cost, quality and delivery performance.
• Liaise with suppliers and internal customers concerning all elements of the supply chain.
• Measure, analyse and manage supplier performance to improve quality, reduce costs, alleviate supply risk and drive continuous improvement.
• Monitor and deploy corrective and preventive actions, and advise the Purchasing Manager of concerns related to; Supplier performance, engineering change implementations (at the manufacturers), supplier agreements, product and part availability, supplier quality and new product introduction.
• Contribute to the goal alignment implementation of the procurement departments and company’s KPI’s.
• Review KPI reports and other ad hoc reports as required by the purchasing function
• Financial analysis, pricing/ OTB (Open-to-Buy) Planning.
• Contribution to the implementation of chain level inventory negotiations and manage obsolete inventory and inventory reduction strategies.
• Continuously develop and maintain a high level of market knowledge in relation to products and competitors.
• Ensure agreed supplier terms are utilised (i.e. minimum order quantities, bulk cost savings etc).
• Work closely with goods in and accounts department to promptly resolve supplier delivery discrepancies and document action to be taken.
• Maintain data integrity of stock items details including prices, minimum order quantities, descriptions and general product information. Including monthly price increase notifications to customer which will also involve excel calculations of percentage increases, sales margin loss and system uploads.
• Continual Maintenance of product data sheets, product information sheets, packaging data, and any other regulatory information connected to products purchased.
• Mentoring of the purchasing assistant when necessary.
• Any other reasonable task as directed by the Purchasing Manager and Managing Director
• A minimum of two years’ Buying experience preferably in a similar environment
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to assess and interpret different types of data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge, or ability to acquire rapidly, company systems, product and market knowledge
• Excellent IT skills covering Excel, Word, Outlook and CRM systems
• Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing workloads
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Sound numeracy skills
• Educated to C level or higher in English Literature/Language and Mathematics.
• Highly self-motivated and driven to achieve targets
• Passionate in achieving results
• Impassioned about our business and what we represent
• The ability to take full responsibility of assigned tasks and projects.
• A focused and structured approach to workload.
29000 - 33000 GBP Per Annum
ASHINGTON, NORTHUMBERLANDRead more
23000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
MIDDLESBROUGH, CLEVELANDRead more
30000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
MAIDSTONE, KENTRead more
26000 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
25000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
EBBW VALE, GWENTRead more