Caseworkers required for a busy department dealing with a large volume of cases assessing candidates' suitability for employment within this large and highly compliant public sector organisation. These positions are available on a temporary basis for 18 months.
- Research numerous national and/or local databases police forces, research specialist files and IT systems, and liaise with individuals to extract information.
- Make subjective but rational decisions about the relevancy of the information, and make a reasonable and proportionate decision to the suitability of the individual.
- Work within a service level agreement and quality assurance framework that records the decision made and rationale behind it.
- Support the management team by carrying out administration and providing statistical data.
- Experience of or ability to interpret various legislation and guidelines.
- Experience of or ability to work within a customer focused environment, working to time scales.
- Experience of preparing detailed, accurate and concise written documents, summarising data in a clearly understood format.
- Experience of or ability to make decisions backed up with rationale.
- Experience of gathering and researching complex information from various sources, recognising links between data sources, analysing this information and seeking further information from a variety of sources, or seek clarification from sources.
- Experience of or ability to use/learn multiple customised IT systems as well as more generic IT systems.
It would be an advantage if applicants had experience of researching individuals, report writing, recommending/making a decision including a rationale of the next course of action.
This role is subject to security checks.
Please email your CV to :