Business Partner (Procurement)
The overall purpose of the role is to: ensure cross functional category strategies are developed in conjunction with all relevant business areas to ensure alignment, deliver value for money and achieve the strategic aims of TVP as well as ensuring the value of the Procurement function.
- Contribute to and deliver the strategic direction for Procurement working with Senior Managers in the relevant areas of the Force.
- Lead and manage the creation and marketing of Category plans
- Identify where corrective action is needed to ensure procurement issues are managed effectively throughout the procurement cycle
- Lead and project manage a range of sourcing activities in support of the category plan.
- Lead on continuous improvement activities in the following areas:
- Develop optimum routes to procurement based on market developments and changes to service requirements
- Develop clear service specification documents that enable best service provision fit
- Ensure specifications focus on outputs
- Understand cost drivers and levers when formulating specifications and make sure potential costs are fully understood
- Drive consultation processes with stakeholders to ensure procurement activities mirror actual and future service requirements
- Identify potential improvements to the procurement toolkit that contains authoritative direction and authorised procurement templates, manage implementation
- Ensure market testing and market intelligence is carried out for all sourcing initiatives
- Lead on the application of market shaping techniques to improve procurement processes
- Ensure appropriate knowledge sharing opportunities are available to your category team and the wider Procurement team
- Drive compliance with contract regulations
- Lead a portfolio to deliver as per Service and Contract Specifications and have overall portfolio r
- Understand key commercial drivers and commercial success criteria for procurement undertaken within portfolio and act as procurement challenge within the procurement governance process.
- Develop & lead a team, managing all ‘day to day’ operational issues and personnel matters in order to deliver the Category Plan and the overall Procurement Strategy.
- Identify, develop and prepare business cases, reports, committee items and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders. Lead and oversee the preparation of procurement saving business cases and present to the appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Lead the development of positive relationships with senior stakeholders to raise awareness of the benefits of a strategic approach to spend. Provide ongoing strategic advice and support to stakeholders on the management of in-scope contracts and supplier relationships.
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- Proven track record of operating in similar EU procurement regulated environments is required and keeping up to date with legislations
- Demonstrable experience at delivering savings through effective category management.
- Well developed internal and external networking skills.
- Able to lead on tender evaluation activities and processes.
- Proven ability to brief, negotiate and influence executive and board level managers confidently and accurately
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply is ideal
- Experience of leading new service provision and management of the transition to business as usual service delivery is ideal