Reed are currently supporting a local authority to recruit an interim Business Manager for the commissioning team in Solihull. The role will be home based and duties include:
- To manage, develop and forward plan for the delivery of an effective and efficient Brokerage Service that meets the needs of service users, social work teams and providers and ensure the service is supporting timely hospital discharges, to avoid delayed transfers of care.
- To work with the Commissioning Team’s senior leaders to devise new, and develop existing systems to continually improve service delivery across commissioning.
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders including social work staff and other internal colleagues, providers and senior managers to ensure the Brokerage Service is meeting the requirements of the Directorate
- To negotiate with providers regarding their capacity and costs for services.
- To understand and ensure compliance with the relevant policies, procedures and contract processes relating to the development and implementation of new services. i.e. new care homes.
- To co-ordinate the gathering, analysis and interpretation of data from a variety of internal and external sources and contribute to evidencing the effectiveness of the Council’s commissioned services.
- To oversee the development of a quality profile for Solihull care providers to include quality and performance of services.
- To lead on the Commissioning aspects of the implementation of the new care management system