An exciting job opportunity has arisen for an experienced Deputy Principle Business Manager to join a leading organisation based in Belfast.
Duration: ASAP for initially 6 months with potential extension
To work in partnership with the Director of the Division in the administration of the Division and associated business processes. Helping to ensure delivery of the work programme on budget by working closely with Finance Business Partners and senior staff. Will also include review and analysis of business related data and development of KPIs and guiding/assisting staff in budget related matters.
• Provision of support and strategic development of systems/processes to maintain business performance and to meet financial and non-financial reporting requirements
• Experience of providing support to senior staff and directors and excellent numeric skills
• Experience in cooperate governance and development of business plans and business continuity plans
• Excellent project management skills
• Business case development skills and experience of governmental procurement processes and governance.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversight of processes aligned with the Evidence and innovation programme of research will be required, which mainly involves operational discussions for the programme in terms of governance, outputs and financial budgeting
• Investigate, develop and help implement enhancement to processes and governance and in particular budgetary management and delivery of projects and ensure the division meets the targets issued by Corporate Budgeting team and that anticipated budget variances are communicated to Corporate Budgeting team on a timely basis. Includes presenting budgetary information and dealing with differences between head of branches and Finance.
• Strategically develop and assist in the delivery of annual divisional plans and assist branches with their business planning and associated resource bids, business continuity plans and continual updating of risk registers.
• Identify and develop reviews of key operations including driving efficiency across the division to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and value for money. Lead investigations into optimising staffing structure that deliver an effective, efficient and resilient divisional support structure with a positive work life balance for staff. Develop key business cases for procurement of high value items and services and assist senior staff in the production of robust and accurate business cases before their submission for approval.
• Support divisional staff to meet external reporting requirements for funders and lead the refinement to reporting templates and mechanisms not only at branch but on occasion at divisional level
• To support the Division to ensure the highest level of corporate and financial governance including the provision of advice and training to staff.
• Help develop/deliver a range of efficiency enhancement investigations and assist in implementation through assisting in preparing business case and procurement documentation.
• To support the Division to ensure that all internal branch reporting requirements to the Head of Division are fully addressed, including any ad hoc requests for information that may be required;
• Develop and then oversee the internal communications within the division including the production of newsletters, branch updates and key staff notices.