REED Sales are recruiting a Business Development Manager for one of our clients who are a market leader within the marine engineering industry.
The role will be focused on supporting the growth of the company in new international markets. This will be achieved by conducting a high level of market research and establishing strong relationships within new countries. The focus will be to ensure that all new opportunities are maximized and closely managed with stakeholders in the shortest possible time.
Aspects of the role:
• Provide support to assist with budgeting/forecasting as well as maintaining a good understanding of the current market potential, with regular detailed performance management feedback to the team.
• Responsible with gaining all tenders that are on offer in the business sector and support the commercial aspects and consult in the bid/no bid process. Be informed of bid statuses and support any post bid follow up with clients.
• You will be expected to support with organisation and management as well as being prepared to present at any relevant industry forums to help promote the company.
• Accountable for identifying and maximizing new business opportunities where the company can grow (i.e. new locations & new markets), this will include initial market research and establishing new localised partnerships (Internationally).
• You will be accountable for undertaking extensive international marketing visits to support any new business venture and be responsible for stakeholder relationship development and management (both internally and externally), therefore preparation and planning is essential.
• You will assist the sales team with retaining current business through our established customer network.
• You will be expected to provide impeccable customer service to our partners & clients and contribute to the development of strategic plans with our clients.
• Responsible for any initial market led regional expansion research and compilation of business cases, but also ensure all due diligence is completed for any new base setups and support the marketing of any new venture with our customer network
Skills required for the role:
• Ability to adapt with changes within the business
• Have a natural ability to build rapport/relationships with both internal and external persons.
• Be confident to sell full scope of supply of the company, which will include face to face stakeholder meetings and presenting industry forums.
• Come with an energetic, dynamic, positive and enthusiastic personality.
• Have an operational and logistical focus.
• Possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
• Ability to work under own initiative and adapt to changing situations.
• Knowledge of offshore O&G market is preferred but not essential.
• Excellent inter personal, written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work and handle high pressure, intense situations.
• Come with a commercial awareness and understanding.
What you will receive:
• A salary of £30k - £40k (depending on experience).
• Onsite gym.
• Free parking / Cycle to work scheme
• 25 days Annual Leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
• Simply Health Plan / Eye tests.
• Company pension scheme / Share save scheme & Life assurance.
• Annual Leave purchase Scheme (after 3 years of service).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please get in contact with Dan Alderson.