Reed are working in partnership with an innovative and highly successful Claims Management specialist, who is seeking a Business Development Director to act as an agricultural subject matter expert in the initiation, development and retention of strategic long term relationships of internal and external stakeholders.
- Client facing role with the requirement to identify, develop and manage new and existing agriculture accounts including brokers, insurers and MGAs.
- Creating and working to a development plan, identifying and locating new potential clients by pursuing leads to bring work to the Company's Agriculture team.
- Keep prospective client database and materials up to date and monitored against budgeted revenue targets and activity targets
- Understanding the Client/target business, strategy and key issues and facilitating this into a sales proposition and operational delivery.
- Develop new business by cross selling to existing clients, building upon strong relationships and continuously identifying new opportunities.
- Pro-actively develop the relationship with the client, particularly the communication strategy, through reports, management information, regular meetings, workshops, interaction by the wider business
- Establish close working relationships with Operational Business Heads and colleagues throughout the business.
- Liaise with the wider Sales and Marketing team in responding to new business opportunities and preparing tender documentation.
- Identify new trends, ideas, claim solutions in the agri-market and work with businesses to develop and implement.
- Create appropriate presentations and seminar material and deliver regularly to the market
To be successful in this role you will need knowledge of the general insurance market and agriculture experience, strong knowledge of client relationship management as well as sales & marketing processes and knowledge of client requirement, philosophies and high level complaint resolution.
The successful candidate will also require a technical background/understanding of the insurance market, professional sales experience, a high level of communication and presentation skills & strong operational and management experience.
ACII / CLA / MBA qualified or working towards would be desirable.
This is a home based role managing and developing business nationally. In return you will receive a basic salary between £40,000-60,000 (DOE) as well as a company car, laptop and annual sales bonus.
To apply, please click below or contact Scott Burns at Reed Insurance on 0117 930 4820.