My multi million pound Leisure complex in the Coventry area.
Their site has an annual turnover of over 15 million pounds hosting everything from Football, Rugby, Concerts, Conferences and Events.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Venue Sales the role will be responsible for selling the venue to potential customers ensuring that the customers are aware of the versatility of the space that is available. They will also showcase the Arena’s facilities to establish it as the UK’s leading multi-purpose venue for sport, business and entertainment. The successful candidate will be the face of the site when customers arrive for a tour of the facilities and it is essential that the post holder has the ability to confidently ‘read’ and respond appropriately to individual requirements
Key tasks will include;
• Meeting with the local corporate market to develop winning and lasting relationships.
• Complete market research on a regular basis, analysing the data to identify trends and gaps.
• Proactively selling the facilities by various techniques and always aiming to meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations.
• Maintaining a high conversion rate.
• Operating and maintaining the systems for client ordering and all related processing, ensuring the highest standards of accurate and timely customer, staff and management information.
• Ensuring all sales administration is accomplished effectively & accurately in order to provide a seamless handover to the Event Management team.
• Have the ability demonstrate full knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and specific room types and locations and be able to convey information regarding offers and forthcoming other events
• Possess a detailed knowledge and understanding of the venue’s key competitors, their selling rates and facilities.
The successful candidate
• Will be able demonstrate experience and success in a similar position with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
• Have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining and improving both conversion and retention rates.
• Be passionate about customer service, genuinely enjoy meeting new clients and have a positive and friendly attitude with the ability to put customers at ease.
• Demonstrate excellent administrative and organisational skills, possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally will have worked with Opera.
• Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to multi-task and feel happiest working in a busy environment as part of a team.
Hours of work
This is 40 hours per week. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days is a requirement of this role due to the nature of tasks involved. This may include weekends and public holidays.
What’s on offer?
A competitive and attractive salary based on depth and length of experience.
To discuss further please apply below