|Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS||Salary: 600.00 - 800.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3055324|
The Business design Architect (BA) is required to work for the Single Living Accommodation (SLA) Management Information System (MIS) Project Manager (PM) to support development of and deployment of the SLA MIS to a large user-base at approximately 200 sites across the UK. This will also deploy to overseas locations on completion of UK rollout.
The Business Architect will work in the Project 'Change' role, primarily responsible to the PM for delivering SLA business transformation pan-Defence in order to facilitate effective deployment of the SLA MIS.
The role will lead strategy and operating model design to define the detailed organisation vision and manage the effective handover of the solution into delivery.
This work is key to ensuring the PM is fully enabled to deliver the project outcomes on behalf of the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO).
While Accommodation Policy and regulations exist, their implementation and the quantitative SLA data vary across the TLBs.
The variances and unknown data prevent Defence from achieving optimal levels of quality SLA at the point of need, and perpetuate a significant and costly reliance on substitute SLA and hotel accommodation.
The SLAMIS will provide the capability to manage SLA at site, geographically and on a pan-Defence level to:
• Ensure improved utilisation of existing SLA.
• Establish the right shape of accommodation numbers for Defence needs.
• Target a reduced reliance on substitute SLA through the above two bullets. The BA is essential to achieving key deliverables required by this complex Project, and for providing guidance on Business Architecture frameworks, procedures, tools and techniques.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that management, escalation and development of the Architecture is undertaken via robust governance and organisational frameworks
• Providing guidelines, frameworks and models to provide consistency in the usage and documentation of Technical & Enterprise Architecture
• Consistency in the evolution of the Enterprise Architecture via the usage of published standard methods and products
• Aligning business and IT via Architecture frameworks and governance
• Ongoing management of the Architecture including the set-up of relevant governance structures and processes.
• Developing and presenting the ‘Case for Action’ and roadmap from current delivery methods to the TOM
• Leading the Design Authority on behalf of the business to ensure the overall technical solution design aligns to the business architecture and change is effectively managed;
• Managing a wide set of stakeholders to reconcile conflicting business requirements. Awareness of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF) and experienced of at least one recognised business architecture tool (ABACUS) and other tools and methods would be beneficial.
• Aligning business strategy to the strategic vision for SLA TOM;
• Informing design of the operational solution; and managing effective handover of the SLA MIS into delivery.
Min 3 years broad base experience covering business analysis, organisation design, technology solution development, and working with complex organisations.
Job Closes COB 24/07/2017
39000 - 51000 GBP Per Annum
YORKSHIRE AND HUMBERSIDE, ENGLANDRead more
55000.00 - 70000.00 GBP Per Annum
SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
45000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
50000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WOLVERHAMPTON, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
400.00 - 500.00 GBP Per Day
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more