The Digital Services’ (IDS) Commercial and Risk function is responsible for the procurement and management of the Councils IT and Digital Assets. The asset management team tracks hardware across its lifecycle and also provide assurance re software installations and organisations licence entitlements.
The Commercial Team are seeking a confident and resourceful temporary Business Analyst who can lead on developing:
1. An ICT and Digital Commercial Reference document which will include details of all live contracts (approximately 350) and respective annual budgets. The document will also be used as a spend tracker to identify savings and cost pressure through cross-reference with the Purchase Orders.
2. Building and documenting an expanded ICT and Digital Asset register.
Both these deliverables will require extracting data from multiple existing sources in different formats and consolidating it into a single data source. The output documents will be used to provide multiple data and visual reports to Senior Management team.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, including PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook. Excel skills should include the creation of macros, formulas, vlookups, use of pivot tables, creation of databases and forms.
• Experience designing and producing reports and presentations illustrating reporting data in a variety of visual formats, e.g. graphs, charts, tables, etc.
• Strong/Excellent Analytical & Technical Skills
• Excellent data extraction and manipulation skills e.g. SQL, Excel, VBA, data cleansing
• The ability to analyse, model and interpret data
• The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills and ability to engage with senior cross-functional stakeholders
• Confident Communicator, both written and spoken. Concise and clear when presenting and explaining results and findings.
• High level of enthusiasm, energy and personal integrity.
• Experience with working with Commercial teams and SCCM software is desirable.