There is a requirement for an experienced and security-cleared Business Analyst to work on ICT projects. This is an essential role providing BA services for the delivery of new (and upgrades to existing) business-critical IT systems.
The Business Analyst will work alongside the other members of the ICT Workstream, including the Project Manager, Test Manager and the Technical, Solution and Enterprise Architects. They will also work with business and other important stakeholders to deliver a robust and rigorous business analysis service to drive and support the successful delivery of both in-house and third-party delivered software and hardware.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
• Work with Lead BA and workstream colleagues to agree scope and plan engagements
• Work with business users to elicit and document business and user requirements.
• Work with technical and security SMEs to define non-functional requirements.
• Ratify requirements with key stakeholders and get their buy in.
• Work with the Test Manager to ensure that requirements and acceptance criteria are fully testable.
• Review solutions and report on their compliance with requirements.
The role-holder will be working alongside an experienced Lead BA but must be capable of working with minimal day to day direction and will be expected to fully own and take responsibility for their products.
Experience - Essential
• Experience of undertaking requirements gathering for IT delivery projects;
• Working with stakeholders who work in complex and specialised areas
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Ability to work under pressure and to turn-round material changes to meet tight deadlines;
• High level of competency in Microsoft Office applications;
• Experience of working in a secure Government / Police / CT / NS environment;
• The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information up to SECRET, but occasionally higher;
• SC clearances.
Experience – Preferred
• Experience of working in projects for Police Forces
• Experience of hardware and software infrastructure delivery projects.
• Experience in mobility and telephony projects.
• Experience of working with complex technologies in high security environments.