I am currently recruiting for a Bursar to work within a charming school in the Slough and Windsor area. You will NEED to have prior experience and be a hands-on Bursar. Below are some of the duties you will be involved with, as they are a small school this requires someone who is willing to be an integral part of the team.
- Advising on the financial policy required to achieve the educational objectives of the School.
- Assisting the Headmistress and the Council members in the preparation and (where it has been approved by the Council) the implementation of the School’s Business and Development Plans from time to time, including assisting in their review.
- In consultation with and on agreement from the Headmistress, allocating and accounting for the financial and material resources of the School in accordance with the policies of the Council.
- Working alongside the School’s Compliance Officer, ensuring that the Council members are aware of, and that the School complies with, all relevant legislation, statements of best practice and other advice emanating from the Government, compliance inspections and responsible bodies, including the Charities Commission and Health and Safety Executive.
- Arranging for the safety and security and effective maintenance of the assets of the School in accordance with the requirements of the Council members and, where applicable, the Charity Commissioners.
- Formulating, monitoring and implementing the School’s policy to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation.
- Keeping the accounts of the School and preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets in accordance with the charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
- Ensuring legal compliance is upheld by the School in every respect concerning appointment of Council members and adherence to the Memorandum and Articles.
- Responsibility for risk management throughout the School, including organising the assessment of the risk and the development and execution of appropriate control strategies, taking professional advice when required. 21. The Bursar shall be responsible for:
- Advising on general financial policy
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure and cashflow forecasts for current and future years
- Preparing annual budgets for departments within the School
- Filing annual accounts with Companies House
- Filing annual returns with the Charity Commission
- Completing censuses as required e.g. for the Department of Education and the Independent Schools Council
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports on them to the Headmistress and Council of Management
If you are currently seeing a new challenge this role is paying an excellent salary and working with a strong and friendly team.
Look forward to receiving your application.