|Location: Leicester||Salary: 30000 - 37500 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3060357|
1. To help residents, customers and developers that use our services to comply with their statutory obligations by examining deposited plans to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
2. To take prime responsibility for taking decisions on whether to approve, return for amendment or refuse such plans within statutory time limits and service standards.
3. To recommend innovative and practical solutions to complex queries regarding Building Regulations and associated legislation
4. To undertake site inspections of building work in progress to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation and in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
5. To lead on any enforcement action required under the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
6. To take a lead role in branding, marketing and advertising the Building Control service in order to generate income and increase market share
7. To deputise for the Building Control Manager in their absence and to supervise the daily activities of the Building Surveyors and Building Control Technician staff when necessary.
8. To undertake necessary inspections on dangerous structures and to take prime responsibility for any appropriate action to ensure that the danger is removed, including advice to the Emergency Services (out of normal hours working may be required in cases of emergency).
9. To take prime responsibility for taking decisions on buildings intended to be demolished in accordance with agreed Council policies so as to ensure safe demolition and public safety.
10. To take prime responsibility for taking decisions on any contraventions of the Building Regulations and associated legislation and to make recommendations regarding legal proceedings, including appearing in court as a professional witness on behalf of the Council
11. To take a lead role on maintaining and improving access to Building Control’s IT and operating systems which includes database and any remote access facilities
12. To assist with service delivery on postal numbering, renumbering of properties and new street names including the preparation of site plans.
13. To assist in the preparation of monthly statistics as required for housing returns purposes.
14. To assist in the preparation of reports for Committee as required and attend Committee Meetings as directed by the Building Control Manager (attendance at evening Council meetings may be required)
15. To actively identify and contribute on matters of continuous improvement within the Service.
16. To keep detailed, comprehensive and up to date electronic records.
17. To assist and make continuing positive contributions to the update of the Building Control Website.
18. To keep records of Continued Professional Development in accordance with the terms and conditions of membership of the relevant professional body.
19. To represent the section at local agents forums.
20. To assist and make a positive contribution to the preparation of Portfolio and Building Control service plans.
21. To report back to the Building Control Manager on all aspects relating to Building Control when requested to do so.
22. To undertake further training as and when required so as to help grow Building Control’s market share and income levels.
23. To assist the Building Control Manager in dealing with service related complaints.
24. To organise and participate in seminars, conferences and user groups as and when required to help promote the service.
- A detailed and comprehensive knowledge of building construction, the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- An understanding of all Acts, Statutory Instruments and guidance documentation associated with the Department’s functions.
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of marketing Building Control.
- High and proven written and verbal communication skills
- High and proven interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with a wide range of people.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Good computer literacy, able to work with word processing, spreadsheets, databases and similar software solutions.
- To take a lead role for Building Control related out of hour’s inspections and call outs.
- Able to adapt to change, meet deadlines, prioritise workloads whilst maintaining records.
- Be able to make an effective contribution to the competitive position of Local authority Building control.
- Ability to travel to numerous sites for visits and traverse across sites and climb ladders and work at heights.
- Minimum 5 years in a Building Control environment.
- Experience and ability to undertake enforcement procedures.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience of performance management.
- Experience of promoting and marketing a Building Control Service.
- Experience in, and an effective understanding of, the issues involved in delivery of excellent front line customer service; ability to deliver services with a proper regard for equal opportunities, access and health and safety.
- An appropriate Degree or Diploma in Building Surveying.
- Full corporate membership of CABE/RICS or an equivalent professional qualification (by examination).
15.64 - 18.00 GBP Per Hour
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
35000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
HEREFORDSHIRE, WEST MIDLANDS (REGION)Read more
45000 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
SLOUGH, BERKSHIRERead more
39950 - 39950 GBP Per Annum
SOUTH WEST ENGLAND, ENGLANDRead more
35000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
BLANDFORD FORUM, DORSETRead more