Lancashire County Council have a successful ongoing partnership with Reed Education to provide academic and non-academic staff to secondary schools across Lancashire. As a result, Reed Education are seeking a Level 3 Teaching Assistant, Full Time in the Lancaster Area.The school are looking to appoint a qualified and experienced Teaching Assistant to join the team supporting a new pupil joining them in September 2020.
For the right person the role would continue with the pupil in the school throughout their time and support in the daily activities. The pupil is non verbal and their only communication is through sign language therefore the applicant must hold or have relevant BSL experience
The successful applicant must:
· Must hold a relevant qualification in Sign Language Level 2 or 3 or relevant experience
. Ideally working with pupils with additional needs in a Primary or Secondary setting in particular physical disabilities and visual impairment.
· Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
· Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
· Have experience or have a desire to work with students in a social environment within a school setting.
· Have experience of working within a team.
· High quality training and support
· Access to a range of CPD courses
· Opportunities to work across a number of schools
· Competitive rates of pay
· Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
Due to the current situation with coronavirus in the UK, we are continuing to advertise vacancies and would encourage all interested, suitably qualified candidates to apply. We will determine on a job by job basis the most suitable method for assessment in light of the current situation. If you are interested in the role please email us an up to date CV or contact us on 01772 567302.