Freight Forwarding Branch Manager
£40,000 to £50,000
Full time, permanent
Are you an experience leader with Freight forwarding experience? Would you like to work for company with a large corporate structure employing over one thousand people but managing a small branch offering a close-knit family feel to the office?
- You will manage the entire site of Felixstowe, coordinating the workforce and supporting HR in Recruiting, Training and Development and Appraisal evaluation when needed.
- You will implement and maintain operational flows between suppliers and customers, negotiating tariffs with carriers, warehouses, customs operators, allowing the tracking of data on BI Systems.
- You will analyse, optimize, and improve the processes complying with AEO accreditation, Customs clearance, and VAT.
- You will manage all H&S requirements within constraints of legislation, maintaining office efficiency, organising site utilities, repair, and maintenance.
- You will administer claims with the aim of improving the effectiveness and profitability of shipments.
- You will liaise with Credit & Financial Depts to minimise financial risks.
You should have a proven leadership background in Freight Forwarding
Strong knowledge of Customs clearance & AEO
A proven background working with budgeting & Forecasting
Strong negotiation skills
The ability to motivate a team
Hands on Freight Operations experience
If you believe you have the required skills for this exciting challenge or would like more information please apply or contact Reed Ipswich for more information.