£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
I currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Bookkeeper/Office manager to join a small and stable business based in Reading on a permanent full time basis.
This is a challenging and varied role working as the main Accounts person for the company but due to the size of the team this role also involves working within HR and admin, alongside the management of the assistant office manager. Previous experience of line management would be advantageous but is not essential.
Accounts duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Preparing sales invoices,
• Reconciling bank accounts.
• Credit control
• Managing invoice queries.
• Daily/monthly bank reconciliation and monitoring of cash flow.
• Preparation of purchase orders to suppliers and subcontractors and checking and entering invoices.
• Preparation of payments to suppliers and subcontractors.
• Staff expense claims and reconciliation of company credit cards.
• Reconciliation of Sage VAT reports and submission of Quarterly VAT returns.
• Working with the company’s accountants including submission of basic payroll information.
• Ensuring all tax obligations are met including PAYE settlement calculations, P11D and annual tax returns.
• Fixed Asset Register on Sage.
The successful candidate for this positon will be prepared to muck in to get things done, well presented and organised and able to communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues. Experience working within a small team would be advantageous but it is essential to have strong accounting skills and knowledge alongside and intermediate level of Microsoft Word and Excel.
The hours for this role are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The office has free onsite parking and is located close to public transport links.