Joining as a bookkeeper/accounts assistant, you will gain the opportunity to work in a driven, fast paced client oriented environment. We are committed to provide a technically competent and professional service to all of our clients and you will have exposure to challenging and varied work right from the outset. You will also benefit from training with a view to attaining a senior role in the firm over the longer term. We have a highly motivated culture, where the clients and their work takes precedence and you will be expected to organise your work and priorities without much supervision, use initiative to learn about the task at hand and have attention to detail. Your responsibilities will include:
• RTI Payroll processing for clients on a weekly, monthly and fortnightly basis using payroll software.
• Processing Sick pay (SSP), Holiday pay, Maternity Pay (SMP), Paternity Pay (SPP), etc
• Advising clients of PAYE/NIC liabilities in a timely manner • Auto Enrolment and management of Nest pension scheme.
• Entering transactions in Book-keeping software i.e. VT Software from source documents.
• Checking client book-keeping transactions on cloud based accounting software i.e. Xero, Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Freeagent etc.
• Preparing accurate VAT computations for clients in a variety of industries
• Knowledge of cross border VAT issues and dealing with cross border vat transactions of online retailing companies.
• Submitting VAT returns to HMRC using MTD system.
• Advising clients of VAT liabilities and deadlines for payment
• Completing VAT returns for clients using different VAT schemes
CIS (Construction Industry Scheme)
• Liaising with clients for subcontractor payment details
• Preparing and submitting monthly CIS returns to HMRC
• Requesting CIS deduction refunds from HMRC
• Research on technical developments in your area of responsibility
• Assisting on Ad Hoc assignments