Position: Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper
Full time: 35 hours a week.(Mon-Thurs 9am to 5pm, Fri - 9am to 4pm).
22 days annual holiday + bank holidays
This role is to work with a small accountancy practice based in Chessington. My client is looking for an Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper to prepare schedules for production of accounts for sole traders and small limited companies and finalise accounts kept on software i.e. Xero.
My client is looking for someone with previous experience covering multiple companies accounts or ideally someone from an accountancy practice background with proven experience.
- Required – AAT Level 3 or 4 Studier or recently completed.
- IT Experience – competent with Excel, word, Xero, FreeAgent and knowledge of IRIS or similar accounting software,
- Client Management Skills required – part of the role is client facing so we require excellent people / communication skills.
- Well presented with an excellent standard of English.
- Team player but works well on their own, following processes as directed.
- We are looking for someone who is proactive, takes ownership of tasks and thinks ‘outside the box’ presenting ideas and problem solving.
- Experience in Practice preferable. Industry experience would be a bonus but would not override any practice experience.
- Holds GCSE qualifications
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of personal tax beneficial but not required.
- Jobs will also consist of basic bookkeeping work.
If you feel you match this role then please get in touch immediately by applying and I will be in touch in due course. If you have not heard from me with 2 weeks from applying then please consider your application unsuccessful.