A key client of mine is looking for a Bookkeeper to join their small accountancy practice based in Chessington, Surrey.
I am looking for someone who is proactive, takes ownership of tasks and thinks ‘outside the box’ presenting ideas and problem solving. You will to prepare schedules for production of accounts for sole traders and small limited companies and finalise accounts kept on software i.e. Xero.
There are two partners and five people within the practice. This role will suit someone who is AAT qualified, looking to study their AAT (study support offered) or QBE. This practice looks after 800 - 900 clients, majority of these are construction and you will not be required to visit clients. This role would suit someone who is a freelance Bookkeeper.
- Hours: 9 - 5 Monday to Friday (Can be slightly flexible) 35 hours a week / 22 days annual holiday and bank holidays
- Parking on site, good bus route and close to two stations
- Required – AAT Level 3 or 4 Studier or recently completed.
- IT Experience – competent with Excel, word, Xero, FreeAgent and knowledge of IRIS or similar accounting software,
- Client Management Skills required – part of the role is client facing so we require excellent people / communication skills.
- Well presented with an excellent standard of English.
- Team player but works well on their own, following processes as directed.
- Experience in Practice preferable. Industry experience would be a bonus but would not override any practice experience.
- Holds GCSE qualifications
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of personal tax beneficial but not required.
- Jobs will also consist of basic bookkeeping work.