BLUE BADGE OFFICER
My client are a North London Local Government Office who are seeking an experienced Blue Badge Officer to start this ongoing booking asap!
What the job entails:
Blue Badge Officers provide a responsive service to residents applying for a Blue Badge disability parking card who either have a physical or neurological disability that impairs their ability to walk.
The main part of the role requires you to assess applications, make sound decisions based on eligibility and evidence, then issue a Blue Badge or to write a detailed response explaining reasons for declining an application.
The Blue Badge team is part of the wider parking services section and must deal with correspondence, appeals, parking permits, telephone calls, refunds and complaints on a daily basis. This is a very busy team and requires a person who can work at a fast pace, on their own initiative, adapt and learn how to use new systems as well as respond to complex issues.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
1. To have a working knowledge of the Blue Badge scheme and of medical conditions, difficulties that impact a person’s ability to walk.
2. Have working knowledge on use of IT systems and programs designed for data entry, letter writing and permit processing.
3. Ability to make sound decisions on eligibility to a Blue Badge as well as appeals.
4. Experience of dealing with incoming and outbound correspondence, managing databases, records and creating detailed written responses.
5. Ability to take calls from the public to answer queries and challenges to decision’s and complaints.
6. To provide the highest level of customer care for a team dealing with all aspects for parking services including complex and contentious cases
7. Have a current Enhanced DBS disclosure
8. Have the ability to work from home when and if required
The candidate we need must be an excellent communicator, ideally with previous Blue Badge processing experience and worked in a role that has helped them gain knowledge of mobility issues. You will have an eye for detail along with experience of working with computerized systems.
You will be required to work 7 hours a day to complete a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday, usually between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
Due to the pandemic, training and support may be provided via Microsoft Teams. On completing training it may be required that the candidate work at home with infrequent limited requirements to travel to the office based in N7. The prospect of working from home would not be a long term prospect as this role will remain office based.
Interviews will be carried out via Microsoft Teams or Zoom, you will be required to have access to either program to be interviewed. The role is for an initial period of 6 months subject to a permanent position being created therefore, this role would suit an individual who intends to remain in the role long term.
If you have experience working within the Blue Badge remit and have strong Customer Service skills please do not hesitate to send your CV over today!