REED Property & Construction have an interesting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Gas Engineer to work as part of a team of engineers engaged in the maintenance, repair and upgrade of biogas systems in landfill, anaerobic digestion, biogas distribution and final use.
The Company have over 30 years experience in a broad range of Commercial and Industrial sectors supplying a range of installation and maintenance services covering mechanical, electrical, HVAC, Commercial Gas, Boilers and Biogas / utilities.
Role responsibilities -
- Carry out the servicing of boiler plant, gas boosters and compressors.
- Inspect, maintain and repair safety devices, gauges, flare stacks and pipework.
- Repair and maintain stainless steel gas pipe systems, sewage sludge heat exchangers and components.
- Repair and maintain gas bags and gas storage vessels.
- Remove sewage sludge and water from flooded areas after a “foam-over” or system failure.
- Repair cracks and leaks to anaerobic digesters, pressure test and purge.
- Work with the team on digester draining, testing and nitrogen purge.
- Join out of hours call out rota to cover client site breakdowns and emergencies.
- May be required to attend site as a “Lone Worker”.
- Obtain equipment details and part numbers to facilitate ordering of spares.
- Complete Engineer Reports, test sheets and service records.
Your background and experience -
- Experience working with commercial gas installations.
- Gas Safe: COCN1, ICPN1, TCPA1, TPCP1, BMP1, CDGA1, CIGA1
- Preferred OFTEC 101, 105, 600A and 201
- Trained and comfortable to work within confined spaces with the use of “escape sets” and “fall arrest” equipment.
- Emergency first aid at work
- Basic knowledge of biogas systems in the water industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on your own, or as part of a team.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, and willing to help others.