|Location: CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRE||Salary: Salary Negotiable|
|Sector: Scientific||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: DAYS ONLY||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3095902|
Salary: Completive based on experience
A leading biotechnology organisation based in the Cambridge area are currently recruiting for a skilled Bio-Analytical Senior Scientist to join their well-regarded team. This position will suit applications from individuals with a PhD in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, and over 5 years’ experience developing methods for liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
• Design and perform routine HPLC and MS assays to control antibody quality.
• Design, perform and optimise LC-MS/MS based peptide mapping and protein identification experiments.
• Design, perform and optimise, biological mass spectrometry experiments for detailed structural characterisation of protein samples.
• Design, perform and optimise LC-MS/MS based cellular peptidomics and proteomics experiments.
• Critically analyse and interpret complex MS and MS/MS (MSe, DDA or DIA) based datasets.
• To independently or collaboratively undertake advanced development in the area of mass spectrometry, including further development of currently used techniques.
• To write and review standard operating procedures and working instructions to be used for routine quality control of biological samples.
• To actively contribute to scientific publications and company presentations.
• To author and review high-quality research reports and/or publications as required by the Sponsor or for dissemination to the wider academic or industrial community.
• To plan and manage single or multiple projects as required to ensure the timely delivery of client sponsored projects.
• A PhD or extensive recognised research expertise in chemistry, medicinal chemistry or any other closely related area.
• Extensive experience in an industrial environment.
• Experience of developing research projects and bringing them to a successful conclusion. (Desirable)
• Technical expertise in general mass spectrometry.
• At least 5 years hands on experience in method development for liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
• Experience in characterisation of intact protein samples and their modifications.
• Experiences in LC/MS trouble shooting and maintenance.
• Ability to design, plan and carry out experimental work in a proficient and highly accurate manner.
If this position is of interest and you have the required skill set and expertise, please apply via the link and we will look forward to receiving your application.
If you require any further information, please contact Katie Roddis on 01223 463300, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
28000 - 33000.00 GBP Per Annum
WINCHESTER, HAMPSHIRERead more
35000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
GUILDFORD, SURREYRead more
HERTFORDSHIRE, SOUTH EAST ENGLANDRead more
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
32000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
YORK BUSINESS PARK, NORTH YORKSHIRERead more