REED Accountancy are working with a large Solihull based organisation with a view to recruit a billing assistant on an going temp basis to join their busy finance team.
- Working as part of a billing team, responsible for ensuring completed works are invoiced to the relevant clients
- Ensuring WIP is kept to a minimum
- Managing work orders and ensuring data is correct
- Liaising with business partners and engineers to close out work for invoicing
- Dealing with billing queries within the agreed time frame
- Processing credit notes after obtaining relevant approval in line with Authority Matrix
- Maintaining Electronic copies of paper documents required for audit
- Ensure all tasks completed accurately in a timely manner, and recorded
- Report all financial activities to Business Unit/Finance Managers
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar billing role
- To be able to work in a high volume environment using own initiative to achieve goals
- Computer literate. Intermediate ability in the use of Microsoft Excel (be able to utilise pivot tables & lookups), Word and Outlook Flexibility – successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Organised and efficient with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups
- High customer service focus
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Problem solving and analysis – analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
- Strong attention to detail
- A background in facilities management is desirable
Please note that this is an urgent requirement for immediate start so no notice period is essential