A leading Law Firm based locally to London Bridge are recruiting for an Finance Assistant to join in their WIP Management/Costs team on a permanent basis. You will ideally have strong experience of billing and WIP within another law firm. The firm are an exciting, diverse and growing business. Joining the team will see you work with some of the UK’s most interesting clients. However it’s not all about big numbers and high-profile projects; the real success of our business comes from the ability of our teams to provide fantastic service and create long-lasting relationships.
You will be working within a small team and be assigned with processing bills, narratives and WIP management.
The main responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will be:
• Preparing and processing bills on the PMS.
• Preparing all bill narratives.
• Posting credit notes on the PMS, ensuring authorisation before action.
• Setting up charge out rates including exception rates at both client and matter level on the PMS.
• Dealing with all WIP transfers and write off, including quarterly reviews of WIP across all departments.
• Meeting with practice groups to discuss projected billings for month end as well maintaining clean ledgers on the PMS.
• Ensuring compliance of law society guidelines on costs and disbursements on bills.
• Assisting with any cost lawyer queries.
• Assisting with other month end process
The successful Finance Assistant will:
• Possess excellent communication
• Be able to follow instruction, work independently and proactively
• Work accurately and efficiently
• Have confidence in dealing with Partners, Fee Earners and External Clients
• Be adaptive and responsive
• Have knowledge and adhere to Solicitor Accounts Rules
• Uphold confidentiality and private matters
• Use of Excel
Please apply without delay to be considered for this exciting opportunity.