My Client are a British provider of public services with a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. They are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
A bid writer is an executive sales role within an organisation, responsible for managing bids generally in response to request for proposals from customers, but also as proactive pursuits for business.
- Lead the bid team in the creation of storyboards and ensure they are adhered to throughout bid development;
- Work with subject matter experts and other colleagues to extract information and ‘interpret’ technical solutions;
- Create high-quality responses that are well written, accurate, concise and visually engaging. These responses must convey the required message, answer the customer’s requirements, and score well against the customer’s evaluation criteria;
- Incorporate win themes, unique selling points (USPs), sales messages, case studies and ‘hot button’ material into responses; and
- Conduct research to supplement bid responses, including collation and presentation of data.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a proactive individual who has a demonstrable commitment to personal development and a passion for what they do. There are no specific qualifications required for this role but candidates must have experience of delivering high-quality pieces of written work under the pressure of tight deadlines. Moreover, we would like to see:
- Ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex information and apply creative intellect;
- Excellent communication skills, including relationship development and stakeholder management; individuals will be confident, persuasive and articulate in all communications;
- Methodical, process-driven and organised with excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of template creation and document manipulation, although not essential; and
- Highly competent in MS Office software and relevant tools such as Adobe Creative Suite etc.
Security clearance may be required at ‘SC level’; ‘Developed Vetting’ clearance may also be required for some roles. Candidates should be flexible to travel as required and, on occasion, stay overnight.
Their success is a reflection of their people and that is why it’s important that they reward you, to say thank you for the dedication to the business. One of the ways they do this is by providing a wide range of core and voluntary employee benefits so you can do more with your money. Along with a competitive salary you will be rewarded with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension(matched up to 6%), training & development opportunities, and as a valued employee you will have access to a world of exclusive discounts and privileges including Cycle to Work scheme, Mobile Phone discounts, Merlin Attractions and more!
Please apply within, or for more information, contact Joe Griffin in the Basingstoke Sales Team.