|Location: SUTTON, SURREY||Salary: 30000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 12 months ago||Reference: 3057634|
My client based in Sutton are looking for are BI Developer for a Permanent role based in Sutton. If you have a minimum of 2 years BI development experience within data warehousing please read on for more details.
A self-starter with excellent communication skills and good experience in writing in Transact SQL (TSQL). Also preferably some experience with Microsoft’s ETL tool, SSIS. You will be required to support the successful delivery of BI solutions to the business from the ETL layer through to the Cognos Reporting layer.
As a BI Analyst you will:
Gather business requirements and analyse existing solutions to deliver professional and effective management information for the business; working with cross-functional teams & multiple business disciplines. Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. Work closely with clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It is essential the BI Analyst is able to build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. They provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
• Develop new processes, reports or queries leveraging the appropriate tools.
• Possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including SQL Server 2005/2008
• Microsoft’s ETL tool (SSIS).
• Liaise with internal IT department and business experts as required to ensure accuracy of all BI developments
• Educate end users to improve their understanding of BI data and tools including the creation of new Cognos training materials and courses
• Deliver value-added BI capabilities to the business. These BI capabilities include advanced analytics, multi-dimensional reporting, ad-hoc reporting, and operational reporting.
To succeed as a BI Analyst you must have:
• Proven expertise in complex Transact SQL Scripts.
• Experience with the following tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
• Experience in Microsoft BI Stack: SSIS
• Working knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies, process and implementation.
• Ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skill with strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload to achieve required timescales.
• Experience with Cognos’ Business Intelligence toolset
BI Developer, Data Warehousing, TSQL, SSIS, SQL Server, Cognos, ETL, BI Developer, Data Warehousing, TSQL, SSIS, SQL Server, Cognos, ETL, BI Developer, Data Warehousing, TSQL, SSIS, SQL Server, Cognos, ETL
40000.00 - 60000.00 GBP Per Annum
CORBY, NORTHAMPTONSHIRERead more
400.00 - 550.00 GBP Per Day
STOCKPORT, CHESHIRERead more
30000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
GLASGOW AIRPORT, RENFREWSHIRERead more
30000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
Database Developer / BI Developer / Business Intelligence - SQL, MySQL, DBA, Data Modelling, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
18000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
PLYMOUTH, DEVONRead more