Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Staff BankWe are absolutely committed to ensuring that our patients have the best possible experience within our hospitals. We are looking for people who are committed to delivering outstanding patient care, whatever their role, and who take pride in what they do. We place a high value on treating all patients, visitors and colleagues with respect and dignity, and seek people who strive for excellence in all that they do.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is made up of five hospitals; Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea, St Mary's and the Western Eye Hospitals. As well as integrating with Imperial College London, we are one of the largest acute trusts in the UK. Employing almost 10,000 staff, offering more than 50 clinical specialties, and with one of the largest portfolios of services in the country, we have one million patient contacts a year.
Band 6ICU Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse
The PICU unit is based at St Mary’s Hospital and provides specialist care to the local community and further afield. Every year around 400 children are admitted to the unit and plans are underway to increase the establishment and bed capacity to 15 beds with new equipment and additional space for families. The staff bank plays a key role in supporting the service delivery.
• At least 6 months experience working in a NHS acute hospital setting
• Desirable to have completed a Critical Care course
• Desirable to have been assessed as IV competent and hold evidence of certification
• Have great communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach to the provision of quality care.
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of supportive and flexible team working.
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Be willing to complete an Enhanced DBS check
• Able to provide evidence of immunisations for Occupational Health check
Rate of Pay: £30.00 - £36.00 Per Hour (including WTR, pay rate depending on day and time worked)
Benefits for you:
• Efficient recruitment process
• Complimentary Mandatory training
• Free Trust uniform
• You can browse and book your own shifts on Employee Online.
• You have priority to book the shifts that you want – work when and where you like.
• Flexibility of shift times and locations
• You can view your roster online – no need to call to confirm shifts.
• Great opportunity to progress within the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and gain experience
• Friendly team environment
• Lines of work
• Competitive pay rates with weekly payment for the shifts you have worked
• Hourly rate includes WTR
• Dedicated team based at Charing Cross and St Mary’s Hospital
• Free DBS check
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Values
As an organisation we expect everyone to be:
Contact a friendly member of our recruitment team on 0203 312 7881 or firstname.lastname@example.org