Job Specification – Audit Senior
Primary Role: To independently perform audit assignments.
The audit senior’s role will be to carry out audit duties for a broad range of medium to large owner managed clients such as property companies and wholesale organisations. The vast majority of clients will have turnovers in excess of £6 million.
To include the following:
- Perform and plan smaller audits either alone or leading a small team
- Obtain background data for audit planning.
- Prepare & review financial statements.
- Prepare corporation tax computations.
- Draft Management letters and reports.
- Ensure time budgets are maintained.
- Maintain client confidentiality and professional relationships.
- Supervise and assist junior staff.
- Liaise with other departments in order to efficiently and effectively complete jobs.
- Be a team player and actively partake in technical training sessions.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist.
- At least 2 years experience within a multi-partner practice with at least 40% audit exposure.
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- An aptitude for teamwork and problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Looking for long term career enhancement and desire to train and undertake new experiences.
- Have good letter writing skills.
- Competent user of Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ideally a driver with own car.
My client is looking for an ambitious individual who has already established experience within auditing, and is looking to develop this area further. This role will be most suited to someone who thrives under challenge, is delivery focused, enjoys accountability, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and is looking to improve his/her skills and competencies through self-development.
This position will offer extensive exposure to audit clients supported by an intensive training and development program. Fast track opportunities for progression and promotion are available.
My client is one of the leading and largest firms in the Godalming area and offers superb opportunities for all its staff. With close Partner contact and the opportunity to gain a broad range of peripheral skills outside of auditing, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills portfolio and further your career within a highly respected and established organisation.
Salary £35,000 - £45,000
Location - Godalming