A well established client of mine based in Weybridge is currently recruiting for an Audit senior to join the team.
The role is offered at full time and permanent with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Depending on assigned engagement, you will report to either the Audit Manager or Audit Partner.
- Manage and directs daily activities of more junior auditors assigned to assist the Audit Senior during an engagement.
- Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare and audit of single and/or group entity financial statements (Accounts) from client records after making adjustments for material errors
- Prepares trust and corporate tax computations from client records and information obtained during the audit
- Performs accounts consolidation for group entities and relevant workings
- Communicates with group and component auditors for larger audits
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from planning and execution through to completion as specified within the annual audit plan
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision to deadlines and within budget
- Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Building relationships with clients and related third parties
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
- Organises personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned