ROLE: Audit and Accounts Manager
SALARY: £33,000 - £36,000
FULL TIME HOURS
REED Harrogate are recruiting for a client based in the lovely city of Leeds!
The role would be to ensure that the work carried out under the control of this position is carried out accurately, in accordance to the firm's standards and procedures, to the client's satisfaction.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
• Manage a portfolio of audit and accounts clients
• Ensuring advice to clients is accurate, appropriate and clear
• Resolve technical issues with clients and colleagues including involvement of the client's specialists where relevant.
• Supervise staff at varying levels of qualification and experience to ensure jobs are completed to a high standard of accuracy and client care.
• Take responsibility for the training and development of staff, including carrying out appraisals and assisting with the development of their technical skills and knowledge.
• Manage your own time and that of others to meet deadlines and deliver an effective service to clients.
• Plan assignments effectively, ensuring adequate resources are allocated and that staff are briefed on the requirements of each job.
• Carry out reviews of each assignment to identify where improvements may be made to enhance the efficiency of client experience subject to the cost implications of each assignment and manage staff time accordingly.
• Ensure that the expectations of clients are managed and met or exceeded.
• Communicate effectively with clients and influence matters at client meetings, working to understand the needs of the client and the business environment in which they operate.
• Use networking and contacts to keep up-to-date on current business affairs and to contribute to the development of the client base of the firm.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the broader work of other departments in the firm and be able to identify when there are opportunities to provide added value to the work carried out for clients.
A suitable candidate would be/have:
• ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience with both Audit and Accounts clients.
• Experience of planning and delivering work to the highest standard.
• Effective communication skills, both written and in person, with experience of attending and contributing to client meetings.
• Evidence of a commitment to own continuous professional development and ensuring technical knowledge is current and relevant.
• Good IT skills, including experience of using different accounting packages or systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Accurate, methodical and organised
• Smart and personable
If this role ticks all the boxes for you then please feel free to apply!