An opportunity to work for my key client is now open - West Yorkshire Police who are looking for a temporary Crime Data Integrity Audit and Inspection Officer (long term).
Do you have:-
Good knowledge of the criminal law and associated procedures and crime recording pathways (desirable).
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrate an ability to analyse information quickly, thoroughly and to make evidence based ethical decisions.
Confident using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and demonstrate an ability to adapt and transfer IT skills in order to use a variety of computer software programmes.
Willingness to attend and ability to pass ISO 9001 Foundation Course QMS Internal Auditor Course
If you meet most of the above criteria, then this role might be for you.
Main purpose of the role - to deliver accurate and ethical crime recording and crime finalisation by undertaking audits, corrective action where necessary, analysis of data and providing specialist advice and guidance in relation to all aspects of reported incidents and recorded crime.
1. Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions; reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes
2. Undertake audits and inspections on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as detailed in the audit plan comprising research, examination of all crime and incident types, listening to calls, reading logs, crime reports and associated documents and rationalising evidence based ethical decisions.
3. Undertake corrective action on logs and crimes where non-compliance is identified to ensure compliance, victim identification and belief and accurate crime data which the Force can use to map crime types and trends, vulnerable victims and communities and deploy intelligence led resources to prevent and detect crime, keeping communities safe and feeling safer.
4 . Identify trends in non-compliance and recommend improvements to minimise errors and maximise efficiency, inform training inputs and ethical crime recording.
5. Create and maintain computerised audit data, ensuring information is held to a high standard of accuracy, fulfilling internal and external audit requirements, to set standards set and under the principles of the Data Quality Audit Manual.
8. Conduct when required additional ad-hoc, bespoke audits (e.g. crime types such as Modern Slavery) as directed in order to assess and identify emerging risk and maintain compliance.
The hours of work are 37 - Monday to Friday