Associate Sourcing Manager
A long term temporary contract start as soon as possible with a leading pharmaceutical company based in Welwyn Garden City.
- Perform operational sourcing activities - Execute operational sourcing requests within Region or large site ensuring a focus on efficiency and the quality of customer service.
- Maintain information flows - Responsible for maintaining strong information flows back to the global Category teams in the event of; o High-value or non-standard requests; Opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage; Regular submission of operational buying data to develop new strategies
- Apply sourcing process - Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies
- Collaborate with Transactional / Requisition to Pay Procurement - Collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team (SSC) to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered
- Monitor targets and KPIs – Ensure that Procurement operational targets and metrics on customer service are delivered. Track and monitor these metrics where required, and escalate issues as they arise
- Support site-based Procurement - Execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based or regional Procurement as required (e.g. for sites with no dedicated Procurement support)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) - Support CSR initiatives related to (candidate) suppliers, e.g. supplier diversity, anti-bribery, animal welfare, etc
Experience/ Education & Skill Required:
- University degree, with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site(s) supported.
- 2+ years operational procurement experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments.
- CIPS is desired but not essential