I am currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Supply Chain and Clinical Trials for a pharmaceutical company based in Hemel Hempstead. To be considered for this position you must have extensive experience working within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry within supply chain and/or clinical trials.
Please have a read of the JD below and apply if you have the experience to undertake a new and exciting opportunity within a fast growing company.
Responsible for establishing and managing commercial and clinical supply for several clinical studies / programmes in a variety of locations. The Associate Director of Supply Chain and Clinical Trials (AD) role is a key role within the company’s global Supply Chain and Logistics team. As a member of the leadership team, the AD collaborates with senior management across the organization including, production, clinical operations, and development programme management to drive the implementation of optimised supply strategies.
You will have accountability for supply strategy, supplier management, forecasting and demand planning, budget management and developing relationships and partnerships.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a scientific discipline or supply chain. Advanced degree or specific certification in supply chain is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years’ supply chain experience at a senior level in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry - to include materials, forecasting and planning, warehousing, distribution and logistics
- Experience with pharmaceutical end to end manufacturing for distribution to global markets
- Product launch experience in either EMEA, Emerging markets or the US regions is advantageous
- Experience leading sales and operations planning processes from a supply chain perspective
- Outstanding skills in managing vendors and others involved in supply chain activities to meet corporate objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong organisational, analytical, forecasting and follow-through skills
- Supplier relationship management including improvement of execution deliverables and contract negotiation
- Proven understanding of global distribution requirements and industry best practices
- Outstanding interpersonal skills together with written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong leadership skills, including a demonstrable ability to lead a cross-functional team and to influence at all levels of an organisation
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
If your skills match those outlined above and you are interested in finding out more then please apply.