|Location: LIVINGSTON, WEST LOTHIAN||Salary: 23000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3042151|
As the Associate Buyer you will focus on identifying profit opportunities through reviewing existing sources, identifying new suppliers with improved prices and negotiating improved terms that generate benefit for the organisation.
You will be a confident user of excel capable of analysing data to identify these opportunities, whilst gaining product knowledge at a faster than average pace. You will have a grounded experience in negotiations and have experience of demonstrating cost savings against branded products.
Key responsibilities include (But, not limited to);
• Responsible for purchasing materials in accordance with the guidelines set forth by Management
• Submit supplier requests for quotation, use benchmarking techniques to identify and evaluate responses from suppliers, and select the most competitive costs
• Makes tactical buying decisions with respect to the placement and management of all material purchases.
• Quoting, order placement, expediting, cancellations of items and/or receiving, and invoice issue reconciliation and approval
• Review order status which includes contacting suppliers, managing past due orders and reviewing any other delivery issues and taking appropriate corrective action in order to achieve production ‘on time’ delivery and to avoid schedule impact
• Managing all obsolete, inactive and excessive inventory items in accordance with guidelines
• Directly interface with internal and external customers to clearly and concisely communicate purchase request and kit clean delivery status
• Management and analysis of raw customer data which is received in various formats and can be limited
• Work with engineers to identify component types/footprint/values in order to provide quotation information in a timely manner
• Manage and resolve PO purchase Price variance (POPPV) issues (O)
• Review the overall value offered by the supply base, cost and delivery
• Maximising PPV potential. Managing ontime delivery metrics & updates into the UK Inventory supply chain team
Ideally you will have manufacturing background, be passionate about achieving personal objectives with a demonstrable experience of managing inventory and the wider supply chain.
Applicants must be self-motivated with the ability to make confident decisions whilst continually looking for profit opportunities.
Making you feel valued is important to our client, so in exchange for your purchasing expertise and technical sourcing capability, they offer a competitive salary, generous reward package in an environment that provides continuous learning, development and a career that's full of opportunity.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 240 3680.
25000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum
WARRINGTON, CHESHIRERead more
25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BICESTER VILLAGE, OXFORDSHIRERead more
32000.00 - 33000.00 GBP Per Annum
SWINDON, WILTSHIRERead more
30000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum
NUNEATON, WARWICKSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
RUISLIP, MIDDLESEXRead more