An exciting new opportunity! My client is seeking an Assistant Team Manager for their Child Exploitation team.
Based in the West Midlands this role is paying £32.24 (umbrella) per hour. Offering a 3-month rolling contract.
About the role:
- To lead and manage the Exploitation and Missing team in the direct work with children missing from home/ local authority care or trafficked children to reduce the risks and work to address concerns leading to children being exploited and going missing.
- A key part of the role is to engage and work with children and their families and carers to address concerns, manage the risks present, to plan and undertake interventions aimed at preventing and reducing exploitation and missing episodes.
- This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Police, Social Workers, Schools and Health.
- The role will be crucial in the council’s aims of safeguarding children and young people by reducing the number of children exploited and missing from home and or local authority care.
- The role will involve working in conjunction with parents, council teams and other agencies to address and reduce safeguarding risks.
- Attending MACE (Multi Agency Child Exploitation) strategy meetings.
- This role is Borough wide.
- Experience in Children’s service Child Exploitation is essential
- Understanding of Modern Slavery Act
- Understanding of the indicators of Child Exploitation
- Supervisory experience
This role will be remote working and you will not be expected to make any visits. However, there must be a willingness to travel to the office for any essential staff meetings.
If you are interested in this role **or if you can refer a friend or colleague for up to £250** then please contact me urgently to discuss in more detail.
Alternatively - if this isn't the job for you, please get in touch with me to discuss the many other roles we have available across the country ranging from Children’s to Adults.