Assistant Management Accountant, Brentwood
To undertake daily, weekly and monthly processing duties as a core member of the finance operations team.
Working as a core member of a small finance team, the objective of the role is to:
• undertake a set of allocated daily, weekly and monthly processes with efficiency
• whilst ensuring compliance with the company’s standard operating procedures
• adherence to external regulatory, legal and compliance requirements
• To execute high volume processing of customer transactions in relation to loans, repayments, refunds, redemptions & repossessions to daily tight deadlines with an exceptional high level of accuracy required:
• Daily Banking
• Direct Debits
• Bounced Direct Debits
• Credit Cards allocations
• Electronic install allocation
• Removal of Charges
• Returned cheques
• Unknown Payments
To assist with the Management Accounting reporting and monitoring. Duties to include (but not exclusively):
• To prepare the monthly accruals and pre payments
• To prepare the monthly Fixed Asset reconciliations
• To review the morning figures as required
• To be able to execute the Month End Close as required
• To execute the Loan Book Recs
• To prepare the reconciliation for the Repossession Insurance
To assist with the Treasury reporting, control and cash management requirements for the Group. Duties to include (but not exclusively):
• Monitor the adherence to the funders’ eligibility requirements and reporting thereof as applicable. Including the preparation of the Borrowing Base and Excess Spread reports ensuring any trend deviations are highlighted to management in a timely manner
• Daily cash flow management and reporting, including invoicing for Servicer Fees.
• Assist with the opening/closing of Bank Accounts as required
• Loan notes and PIK notes reconciliations.
• Bank of England monthly and quarterly returns.
• Alchemy monthly and quarterly returns.
• Bi annual interest rollover.
• Quarterly HPI application to customers’ accounts.
• Monthly Portfolio Quality Review Dashboard pack compilation
• Monthly Loan Impairment Pack compilation
• Supports other team members, as required
• To achieve at least 99% Quality Assurance scores monthly to evidence competence
• To contribute suggestions to enhance procedures
• To regularly review and update procedures
• To participate in testing of any process changes
• To support the month end processing, which may require overtime
• To meet all internal Company standards and internal/external audit requirements
• To work within regulatory and legal requirements
• Knowledge and adherence to DPA, money laundering and understanding of MCOB and CCA requirements
Technical Skills required
• A minimum of two years accounts processing experience
• Proven track record of accurate processing (ideally in a Training and Competence regulatory framework)
• Excellent numeracy skills.
• Good working knowledge of computer and keyboard skills including strong knowledge of Excel (Look ups/Sumifs/Pivot tables).
• Experience in a financial services regulated company would be beneficial, but not a pre-requisite.
• Knowledge of the Access Accounting System beneficial.
• AAT qualified and working towards ACCA or equivalent qualification.