Do you have a proactive approach with great attention to detail?
Do you have a sound knowledge of the Manufacturing/Production sector?
We are working with a sort after business in Harlow, whom are looking for an Assistant Management Accounts to report into their Chief Financial Officer.
- The production of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales.
- Cost analysis, managing costs, recommending and driving actions to meet cost reduction targets and reduce variances.
- Ensuring monthly and annual Group and Statutory reporting deadlines are met.
- Accounting skills, part qualified (CIMA or other).
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
- Understanding of organisational processes.
- Proactive approach to budgetary control.
- High level of IT skills (particularly Excel) with a good working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts to agreed deadlines and issuing to management teams.
- Liaise with budget holders on a monthly basis to establish the cause of budget or forecast variances when compared with actual results for review by the CFO and the CEO. Assist and support the budget holders to identify and implement corrective measures.
- Handle queries from budget holders and proactively help them to effectively manage costs.
- Assist with monthly and annual reporting of results to parent company, using the Group reporting tool, to strict deadlines.
- Assist with the Year End Financial audit.
- Monitoring of standard costing system and highlighting potential problem areas and errors.
- Assist with the production and reporting of budgets and forecasts.
- To assist the CFO in operating internal controls within the Finance function and the business as a whole.
- Operate in accordance with organisational and regulatory requirements including data protection legislation.
- To undertake any such reasonable additional tasks as are deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
- To be aware of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and to ensure that any hazards and/or accidents are reported to a Health and Safety Representative as appropriate and to be aware of safety issues throughout the company.
This company offers a great pension scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and free parking onsite.
We look forward to your application!