My client is a leading charity organisation based in Newtownabbey. Who are currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant Assistant to join their team.
This is a 6 month contract– full-time hours (40 per week)
With a salary between £22-28k per annum – dependent on experience
The key purpose of this role is to assist in the provision of effective and efficient finance & accounting services to all companies in the Charity.
• Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts for all companies
• Assist with the production of monthly management accounts to deadlines for all companies
• Assist with interpreting and communicating financial information to non-financial managers.
• Assist with queries on Management Accounts, Budgets, Forecasts, Projects and Income.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly KPI’s and variance analysis reports.
• Ad-hoc reports relating to management accounts and budgeting/forecasting.
• Ensure compliance with Extern’s financial policies and procedures and security within the finance office.
• To assist with maintaining Finance manuals and other policies relating to the Management Accounting, projects and income areas.
• Post journals, analyse costs and reconcile control accounts.
• Assisting in the preparation for and facilitation of all audits including external audit, internal audit and ad hoc funder audits and inspections.
• Ensuring own work fully complies with the charity’s Financial Policies and Procedures.
• Ensuring compliance with the organisation’s policy and procedures on security within the Finance office
• Attend and participate in internal and external meetings as required
Develop and maintain appropriate professional relationships, colleagues and stakeholders.
• Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA , IATI or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a management accountant assistant/accounts assistant role.
• Experience of using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and produce reports.
• Demonstrable experience to working to deadlines and within current financial legislation
• Experience of operating Oracle Netsuite accounting software
• Experience working in a Charity
• High degree of computer literacy including the use of Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – with the ability to communicate with Main Duties and Responsibilities:
If interested please send an updated CV via the link below to Gerard Flynn – REED Belfast 02890330812