Assistant Accountant required:
The business is rapidly expanding and employs over 500 staff across the UK. The company continues to grow and is seeking to expand by appointing an experienced Assistant Accountant to be based at their Head Office just after Stowmarket.
This is a new position as a result of future expansion which will allow the person to grow into the role. The position will assist with the preparation of month end accounts and will also cover a variety of tasks, including accruals and prepayments, sales and purchase ledger, reconciliations and assisting the management team.
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential
• Sage 50 / 200 or similar accounting software
• Excel experience. Vlookups & Pivot Tables
• Team player with a hands-on approach
• Ability to prioritise and deal with competing priorities
• Ideally you will have gained an AAT qualification or are working towards
• Bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
• Management of company credit card transactions
• Assistance with accruals and prepayments.
• Oversee Petty Cash
• Monthly Purchase orders management
• Aiding with Depot reporting
• Involvement in preparing data for Vat returns
• Assist with ad hoc duties as required.
What’s in it for you:
• 20 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £23,000
Flexible Working Options Available between 8am-6pm.
Full time only