Your Next Company
A legal firm based in Milton Keynes is recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant on a FTC for 9-12 months. A vibrant, fast paced and growing firm, they are employing to cover a highly successful accounts department and join a lively team.
Reporting into the CEO, our client are looking for a candidate like you to come in and assist across a range of areas.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
• Provision of SAR support to Accounts Manager and Firm
• Billable hours reporting, utilisation reporting, new matters reporting, P+Ls and Year end processing
• Compliance, financial reviews and residual balance monitoring
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, including journal depreciation, asset addition, maintenance of current and capital accounts, balance sheets, reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, monthly journals and salary postings
• Disbursement Monitoring
• Creation and maintenance of account handbook and any other training materials
• 3rd party liaison about firm finances
• WiP valuations
• Insurance of correct financial postings and transactions
• Support to all teams with financial file management responsibilities with a distinct focus on on prompt file course
• Collection of data on performance and practice standards, analysing data and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Month end procedures
• Supervision of client ledgers with regards to VAT legislation, money laundering and solicitor accounts rules.
• Excellent knowledge of firm standards at all times
• Providing support to all other areas of office when needed.
Your Personality and Skills
• High English/Math Academics
• AAT qualified and studying towards CIMA/ACCA
• Working knowledge of VAT, money laundering regulations, financial reporting and query investigations
• Familiar with financial processes and procedures
• Previous law firm experience and understanding of the SRA accounts rules
• Working in pressurised environments and good communication skills with seniors and all parties
• Experience in Management Accounts and Legal accounts software
• Microsoft excel proficiency, including Powerpoint, Word, Outlook and Access
• Knowledge of online banking systems and bank account transactions.
If this job is of interest to you and if you think that you would be a great fit for this role, please follow the link provided!