Junior Legal Cashier
Our client are a forward thinking practice based in Greater Manchester.
They are seeking a Junior Legal Cashier to join their in house Accounts Department on a permanent basis. For the right candidate this opportunity offers excellent potential for career development.
Responsibilities and Duties
Legal Cashiers ensure the smooth running of our client’s busy accounts department.
You should have the following to be successful in this role:
• Excellent numerical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Strong IT literacy including Excel and Outlook
• Experience of case management software would be advantageous
• A level or above Maths and English
• An interest in pursuing a career in finance/accounting
• 1 Year accounting experience is required.
Successful candidates will undertake the following duties:
• Posting Client & Office account transactions
• Daily bank reconciliations
• Bank payments (BACS & CHAPS) and transfers between accounts
• Payment of professional disbursements in line with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SARs)
• Develop knowledge of SARs
• Liaising with fee earners & support staff
What they can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Company pension scheme
• 28 days of annual leave
• Opportunities for further education through ILFM/Accounting courses
• Flexible working hours
• Opportunity to accrue bonus days off / time off in lieu
This is a full time role.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like more information then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org