|Location: CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEX||Salary: 42882.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3111940|
We believe we can bring out the very best in every child whether the issue is child poverty, sexual exploitation, disability or domestic violence.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Head Business to assist the UK Head of Business and Family Placement Senior Management Team in developing and marketing Barnardo's across the UK, as a major provider of family placement services.
This role can be flexible in location and can be either in the Crawley regional office or the Barkingside office and will allow some home working.
In this role you will assist in the development of the strategic plan for family placement services across the UK as a member of the Senior Management team, ensuring effective implementation of the plans and addressing shortfalls in targets and delivery.
You will provide leadership and management for family placement services across the UK to meet the needs of children and young people, carers and commissioners.
The Assistant Heads of Business will increase the number of children being placed with foster carers and adopters; secure commercially viable contracts, in conjunction with the Assistant Head of Business for Business Development and ensure recognition of Barnardo's as the go to expert in the field of family placement.
- To work with colleagues in the Family Placement Senior Management Team across the UK to develop and drive the business strategy, ensuring cohesive, consistent practices which grow the business and meet the needs of commissioners, carers and children and young people.
- Work with stakeholders in identifying their requirements and providing the most appropriate solutions for them.
- Working with Senior Management Team colleagues, develop and implement a strategy for growth that results in a commercially viable business.
- Working with management team colleagues to co-ordinate and provide governance of tendering opportunities, to achieve greater success in securing suitable contracts, while managing risk.
- Instrumental in initiating and developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as detailed above.
- Act as the spokesperson for Barnardo's, highlighting Barnardo's experience and value as a family placement agency to influencing government policy and practice
- With colleagues in the Family Placement Senior Management Team; review current working practices including structures and business processes and design and implement any changes to ensure that the most efficient and effective processes and structures are consistently implemented across the business unit.
• Knowledge and understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks surrounding family placement
• Nationally recognised management qualification (e.g. DMS or NVQ4 Management) or equivalent experience
• Social work qualification
• An understanding of current practices/ recent developments in the family placement sector
• Central and Local government structures
• Substantial experience of working in a family placement environment
• Change management experience
• Experience of developing and implementing policy
• Successful management of appropriate quality assurance frameworks
• Successful experience working with budgets and co-ordinating work across multiple funding streams
• Proven record of successful sales/marketing experience, using a variety of methods to drive sales/market the product/service
• Demonstrable success converting leads
• Fully conversant/competent with a Microsoft suite of applications
• Able to see successful family placement as an essential component in meeting the needs of at risk young people
• Strong leadership skills including cross departmental improvement strategies
If you have the necessary skill set , please do not hesitate to apply online today or send your CV to Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org
40000.00 - 49000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BURY ST. EDMUNDS, SUFFOLKRead more
450.00 - 550.00 GBP Per Hour
DONCASTER, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
17.09 - 17.09 GBP Per Hour
WEMBLEY, MIDDLESEXRead more
14.42 - 16.96 GBP Per Hour
BEXLEYHEATH, KENTRead more
SITTINGBOURNE, KENTRead more